Monday, January 29, 2007

Tidbits

Not a full post today, just some things I want to post before I forget them.
 
If/when you all go to Saigon (Saigon is just way more fun to say than Ho Chi Minh City), make sure to look at some of the houses - some are just freakin' amazing!  There was one that had a huge Buddha on top of the house in a little garden area.
 
On the way to Hoi An, Matt had to make an emergency roadside stop because of intestinal discomfort and wound up squatting on some poor person's front lawn.  The truckers driving by got a good view of a nice, white full moon that night (Retold with permission).
 
In Hoi An we stayed next to a guesthouse that Michael Caine used when filming a movie.
 
I have not been feeling too well - as Matt put it, I seem to be having a gastric-intestinal tornado going through me (cramps on top of cramps and a lot of funky sharp pains).  I accidentally ate part of a shrimp and then felt sick afterward, not because it was bad or anything, but I just was having images of it swimming around in my stomach and that made me queasy.  But, I don't think that my current state is related to that incident.
 
I got a pair of shoes made!  If you never have had custom made shoes, you should try it!  It is so much fun and I got a great big hug from the girl who was the shopkeeper!  Green and red silk shoes - sooo much fun, I think I might get something tailored in Hanoi.
 
Ummm...
 
I guess that is all for now.
 
Uh...
 
I pet a really cute puppy...
 
Yup.
 
That's all.
 
Talk to you later!

1 comment:

SaraQ said...

But Ho Chi Minh City is fun to say! Whenever I say, hear or read it David Bowie's "Suffragette City" starts playing in my head (with lyrics changed, of course, to "Ho chi Minh City").