Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Running at about 40 Watts

I'm tired and yes, I am indeed sick on vacation yet again. I am really exhausted! Matt and I went Wat hopping yesterday and the day before. It really was amazing to see and amazing to consider going through the jungle and just happen upon an ancient wat. Angkor was of course amazing, but there were some other temples which were just as remarkable in other ways. One of my favorites was one that we saw yesterday. It looked a little different than the others - it was made of a pink(er) sandstone and the carving was exquisite!

So, after running around in the heat, humidity and sun while sick, my body just needed some rest. But not quite yet! We checked out of our hotel at 5:30 AM this morning to catch transportation to the boat docks - to catch a boat to Phnom Penh. The boat ride was about 5 hours and was okay - I tried to get some rest, but it was difficult to do so in the seats.

So, now we are here, after much battling with the tuk-tuk drivers and are ready for a new day of exploration. Well, maybe after some sleep.

Yup, I am pretty tired, one dim bulb about to go out for the night. Talk to you later!

No comments: