Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Xmas Booty

No, this is not in reference to my derriere post holiday celebrations, but a post thanking my students (who will never read my blog - thank God!) for their thoughtfulness over the holidays. They were all really concerned about me having to be far away from my family over the "most important holiday in the whole wide Western world".

On Christmas morning I woke up early and groggily stumbled around the apartment before getting ready for my weekly Yan Qing gig and heard my cell phone text message alert go off. I checked it only to find that my students had sent me oodles and oodles of holiday wishes! The messages continued to pour in through out the day.

At Yan Qing, my English Teaching major class presented me with a wonderful, ginormous chinese knot for a gift and they had prepared a snippet of a Christmas song for me as well! Some of the other students gave me little presents as well, everything from tasty things to eat, to a group of carolers to a very, um, "unique" pair of earrings - they gave me the earrings stating that they knew that I liked jewelry and they didn't think that I had anything like this - I opened the package and was shocked at what I saw! A pair of large, thick hoop earrings with leopard skin print micro-fleece glued to the earrings. Quite right, I don't have anything in my jewelry collect quite like 'em. I'll take a picture sometime.

Anyhow, the outpouring of holiday wishes and gifts was truly heartwarming. My students definitely captured the nature of the holiday with their cheer, happiness, and love. What a nice way to celebrate Christmas and spread the Christmas spirit.

No comments: