Thursday, December 28, 2006

BBC Ground Shaker

So, the "official" party line is that the earthquake that recently occurred near Taiwan and has damaged the international internet lines which run under the ocean. So, my access to anything not eChina is severely limited or slow right now. Google is different, I don't exactly know how, but it just is.

The other theory floating on is that the BBC recently had a special about how people in China are getting around the other Great Wall of China (hint: the other wall isn't made of brick, but works to keep out the invading outside virtual forces). This BBC feature was quickly edited out of the feed to China and then the internet suddenly went down.

So, depending on what theory tickles you more, I won't have great access from anywhere between 2 days to 3 weeks.

I have a lot of posting to catch up on, so keep checking back and I hope I will be able to get some more up for you soon.

I was able to get some pictures up to my flickr site before the BBC-quake, so take a look at some of those while I sit, wait, and patiently look at my browser status bar cycle and cycle but not go anywhere.

Note: The posts I will be adding will be post-dated.

No comments: