Tuesday, December 26, 2006

...And to all a good night! Whew!



USTB Christmas party - done!

Whew!

It was fun, but I'm glad it's over!

Sorry this post is coming so late, but it got a little lost on the way to posting.

Anyhow, we threw a Christmas party for the university! So I and super party planner, Naree set out to put together a westernish party for the students. I have posted up some pictures taken at the party and will eventually steal some from Naree.

I cut a ton of paper snowflakes for the party and made a bunch of other decorations for it too. Naree had a great student worker force churn out a bunch of stuff for the party too! It was a good time - had hot chocolate and activity stations. Even sang some carols - including a very festive version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer by Adam and Matt (I have video, but have promised not to post it).

We ran into a few snags, but nothing that we couldn't handle. Like, um, no tape in the multi-functional hall. Yeah, didn't really follow the rule exactly, but did less taping than we were planning to do - wound up taping huge sheets of paper together and taping/hanging those to the walls. Then all of the stuff was taped onto the paper.

So, I was in charge of the cutting tables. So for me that meant, snowflakes and stockings. I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure that they grasped the outside edge vs inside the snowflake for cutting. Also, the idea of not cutting all the way through so you have something that will stay together. There was a lot of: Molly, Molly! Look at this! Then they open up the flake to have it fall to the ground in several pieces. Oh well, at least they had fun, but it eventually turned into a Molly, make me a snowflake booth.

Adam was DJ again and also MC - he's good at that stuff and doesn't fear the microphone like I do. Matt headed up the pin the nose on Rudolph station (the Chinese kids are such cheaters! Matt had to hold arms back to prevent the cheating. I have some video that I will post up when the internet is more reliable) and Naree cracked the whip over at the gingerbread - err - saltine cracker houses. The houses turned out cute, but quite different than the ones I remember making. Can you imagine eating a spring onion cracker house, complete with frosting and coffee/mint flavored candy. I saw a kid take a bite of that taste combo. He didn't go in for a second one.

Then the visit from the man of the hour. Santa! Naree's boyfriend, Alby was a great sport about donning the red suit. He came out Ho, ho, ho-ing to the delight of the crowd and filled all of their stockings hung and flung by the chimney with care. And even managed to pose for some pictures - shopping mall style next to one of the Christmas trees. Seriously, SantAlby was awesome!

Okay, so, I guess that is all for now. Pictures up on flickr, talk to you all later!

No comments: