Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Orchard Blossom

So, today was a really difficult day to me. I had to say goodbye to two of my favorite Junior 1 classes. Many tears. I will miss them all so much! Tomorrow will be a long and hard day for me. It will be my last day teaching and I will go from first period t the very last period with a dinner banquet to wrap up the day. My last class at the middle school will be my Junior 2 class 1 - a class that I am very close to. I don't know how to say goodbye to them.

Today, I was just hanging out with some of the kids between classes when one of the kids started to sniff my arm. Shortly after me asking him what he was doing, he ran away and yelled something in Chinese. Suddenly, I am surrounded by kids all trying to get a whiff of the laoshi.

Finally, one of the kids said that I smelled "beautiful", another said like a "sweet apple" the others agreed that my scent was very pleasing and continued to jockey for a good sniffing position.

Their head teacher casually strolled by just as a couple of students were inhaling my underarm odor treatment. He walked about 10 paces down the hall, came to a complete stop and turned on his heal, just to make sure that he did just see a crowd of kids smelling their teacher. He stood there a little dumbstruck? amused? befuddled? before laughing a little, shaking his head and continuing down to his office.

It is very strange to have about 50 people smell you, have others watching you being whiffed and being given some sort of passing approval about the whole ordeal.

No comments: