Friday, November 24, 2006

WHOOHOO!!!

I have access to my bog again! Well, at least for the time being, until Ch!n@ decides to shut us all down again.

But unfortunately, now that I have full access, I don't have anything to say.

I have been making up some English listening practice worksheet for my students and have decided that "Every Breath You Take" is one of the creepiest songs ever written. Without the music, just looking at the lyrics, it might as well have been cut out ransom note style and left in that oh-so-obvious, "he broke into my apartment to leave this note" place. Stalker. Total stalker. I bet it was the bass player who wrote it - bass players are kinda the "wander-off, creepy" types - and Sting just saw it "around" and made it into a hit song. Good going! Way to freak out a nation.

Okay, enough on how The Police gave me the willies.

Hmmm...yesterday we all went out to Steak and Eggs for a Thanksgiving dinner. It was good. I didn't eat any of the turkey again this year, but I did get my share of mashed potatoes and stuffing. No pumpkin pie though :( It was uber-busy though! I don't remember when I saw soo many white people crammed into 3,000 square feet. Also, we discovered that the Chinese have appropriated Thanksgiving as a bunch of my students emailed, texted, yelled out, "THANK YOU, TEACHER" to/at me throughout the day. So, I have been told that it is a day where they say "thank you" to people they appreciate. Nice. I guess.

Yan Qing is going a lot better. I have been trying to hang out with the students a little more. I have some student lunches all lined up the coming weeks. Student-Teacher relations are defrosting. But, I still had to kick a kid out of class for howling, and well, he wouldn't stop.

Anyhow, I hope everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, so I will leave you with a very heart felt "gobble-gobble" and THANK YOU (ala my students).

No comments: