Monday, November 13, 2006

Firsts

Hey all!

Okay, first I want to thank Pat and Dennis for all of the wonderful CHEESE that they brought with them when they came to CHINA!!!  I have already scarfed down about one of the wedges all by myself - mmmmmm!  Creamy and delicious!  Thank you so much!  I can't access my regular blog site to update my food diary, so a special post!  If any of you techies out there knows some sneaky ways around, please let me know!

So, our first official China visitors from the states... #1!  Whoo-hoo!  Okay, so not exclusively our visitors, they would have been coming whether we were here or not, but it was so much fun to see some family friends!  I don't really remember when exactly the last time we saw each other, but something like... 14 years ago?

We met and went out for some Peking duck.  Now, I don't know why, but I really like ducks.  I felt a little bad eating one of the little creatures that gives me so much delight to watch,  but I gotta confess that it was quite tasty!  It helps if it is all formless all sliced up on the plate and not having to look at the quacker all throughout dinner.  One of the nice touches was that the restaurant gave us a card with a little information about the restaurant and the duck count - in the history of the restaurant, what number of duck we are eating in the total that they have served.  It was really fun and we have continued the tradition of the Brown-Corby restaurant shut-down, that is, gabbing until the restaurant goes through all of the signs that they will be shutting down/switching shifts politely until we actually leave.  Love it!  So, our first Peking duck!

Then, of course, the previously mentioned cheese!  Our first cheese hand-delivered with cold pack and all!  How awesome is that?  Thank you again Pat and Dennis!

Seriously, it was so much fun to see them again and I really hope that they have a great time in China!

On a different note, to all of you complainy pants out there, new pictures are finally up on my flickr site The Unsinkable MB

There!  Happy?

Anyhow, after all of the excitement about my visitors, nothing else seems to live up to that, so nothing too spectacular going on.

Uhhhh...I have been getting tons of voice work which makes me really happy!
Uhhhh...My kids over at Yan Qing are not driving me as crazy this week - I will officially give that distinction to my Management kids at USTB at the present time.
Uhhhh...Thinking about Starbucks.
Uhhhh...I have several pairs of shoes that cause my toes to punch holes through my socks.
Uhhhh...I have to mend several pairs of sock because of said shoes.
Uhhhh...No reason for the picture on this post (if it shows up), I just want to see if it works, if it isn't there, it didn't.

Okay, I promise I will write more later.  Talk to you soon!

No comments: