Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Snorting up the white

My goodness time has gotten away from me. Nothing really exciting going on around here, just the same old teaching and the same old recording.

So the highlights since I last wrote in March(!):

I have been sick for the last week or so. I thought that my sicken state would give me a little break from the recording, but as it turned out my scratchy voice recorded even better, so I had a lot of work while I was hacking up phlegm in the mike (yum!)

I was walking to the studio a couple of days ago and was enjoying breathing through my nose as it was the first time I had been able to in a little while. But things are starting to blossom here, including all of the cottonwood trees. So there is a ton of white fuzz floating around in the air. I wound up snorting in a huge piece up one nostril and hacking it up a little later, covered in snot through my mouth where it flew out onto the ground (double yum!)

I am actually enjoying my Yan Qing classes this semester. My second class is really sweet. Not all of them show up every single time, which I like as I can get to know some of the other students better. We went outside for class, plopped down in the middle of the soccer field, and had a great time talking about relationships while other students played soccer around us.

I had an April Fool post all ready to go, but didn't get around to posting it and now it is just too late, so too bad for all of you! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Got a couple of fab packages from Jerry and Gfarb. Rock on you two! They are helping my cheese need.

I was recording some more material for English learning and was reading some poetry passages and inspirational whatnot (i.e. crap). One of the sections wanted me to sing, "We Don't Need Another Hero (Thunderdome)" a capella. The man who was recording with me convinced the people (after much argument) that although I am very talented, that unless I am a sassy black woman, that the song just wouldn't be quite right. So we did it all spoken word, Kerouac like. The result was probably just as stupid sounding.

So yes, this was me:

Out of the ruins
Out from the wreckage
Can't make the same mistake this time
We are the children
the last generation
We are the ones they left behind
And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
Living under the fear till nothing else remains

We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

Looking for something we can rely on
There's got to be something better out there
Love and compassion, their day is coming
All else are castles built in the air
And I wonder when we are ever gonna change it
Living under the fear till nothing else remains
All the children say

We don't need another hero
We don't need to know the way home
All we want is life beyond the thunderdome

So, what do we do with our lives
We leave only a mark
Will our story shine like a light
Or end in the dark
Give it all or nothing

*snap, snap, snap* (beatnik style)

I know I have made some promises, that I have not fulfilled, but I have just been a little overworked at the moment, but I still have more pictures to put up (I know at least one reader/viewer who is very sick of the peeing boy picture up on my flickr site, cheers, Mom) and I still intend to put up some more about my travels as I haven't even written about Laos yet.

Anyhow, I'm still trying to get better, but I will try to update more often.

No comments: