Monday, April 30, 2007

elong ROCKS!!!

Goodbye craptastic Travel Agencies and the uber-unhelpful CITS office! I love elong! For those of you who need to make arrangements for travel in China, use it and experience the joy of competency and convenience.

I booked my tickets online through elong and I couldn't be happier with their service. Within seconds of me clicking the purchase button I got a confirmation on both my email and mobile phone. Then shortly after a customer service rep called me up and spoke perfect English to help me with my reservation because the dates I booked were no longer available.

We worked it out and then the next day the dropped the tickets off at my door (free of charge) and collected the cash for the sale. How smooth!

But that isn't even the good part...

We went to check in at the airport, blah, blah, blah. While processing our information the airline guy informs us that we actually have business class tickets! Whoohoo! So, for less money than the travel agencies, we were able to get business class tickets on one leg of the trip. Awesome. I pigged out in the lounge - filo pastry with seasoned mushrooms, really good dumplings, spanakopita... Mmmmm...

On the plane the seats were just a little more comfortable and we were served more food. Actually, I felt a little over served - the peanuts were served on china with a folded napkin.

At least we rolled into Seoul in style!

No comments: