Thursday, October 12, 2006

Ah-ah-ah-choo!

Hello everyone. I'm sick. Kinda a little welcome home gift. If you email, I will be a little slow to respond as I am not the only one with a Chinese virus. Yes, my trusty laptop has come down with a nasty one too.

So, if any of my computer geek friends have any advice on how to get my little silver friend up and running again, I would be most grateful!

The problem: I can't access my desktop. All of my antivirus programs are blocked. All of my system functions are blocked can't do anything in safe mode either. Can't roll back my computer, can't do anything! ARRRGH!!! I can still get to my program files, but that is about it. I spent some good time with a support person on the phone, but, alas, no luck. I can't access the internet anymore either.

Any advice?

1 comment:

Pretentious Bastard said...

While I agree with BriBri, that isn't a possibility right now. Part of the problem is going to be the Great Firewall--I'm not sure you can download some of the tools I would recommend.

See if you can get a startup disk of either XP or Linux. You can run Ubuntu on your machine no problem--getting it may be difficult. Once you have that set up, you can run other virus utilities with a floppy disk or a USB flash drive.