Monday, February 20, 2006

The Downside of Vacation...

...is going back to work.

Remember school breaks? How nice it was to wake up late for weeks in a row? To do whatever you wanted until the last week when you would scramble to finish all of the homework you were supposed to do? It is always difficult to go back to work after any vacation, but even harder to go back after about a month off. Granted, being sick so often on vacation was not too great, but better than school.

Anyhow, back to it! We got our schedules about a day before we were to start teaching. The junior school decided to let me keep the same schedule as last term (more like they didn't want to go through the work of making a new one). All of this would have been nice to know ahead of time, especially since I have the same schedule. What is nice about my schedule is that they decided to move my senior classes to Monday afternoon, so I have every other Friday off. Hopefully I will be able to volunteer at the museum during this time.

I am still trying to get a couple of special classes, but I don't know if I will be able to push it through the administration. One very pleasant surprise is that I will be having my special junior three classes again. We might not be able to meet as regularly as last term, but at least I get to see them. I think that I will try to do some literature with them because their textbook is kinda lame.

On Valentine's Day, some of my kids were out selling roses. I heard a "Miss Molly, Miss Molly!" I turned around to see a couple of my Jr. 3 boys from my favorite section. They ran over to me and gave me five roses for Valentine's Day. I knew that they were trying to make a little money, so I tried to pay for them, but they said that they would not take my money and they wanted to give them to me because they missed me over vacation. How sweet are they?

Luckily, my first week of classes went by pretty quickly (I had Friday off so only two days of classes for me) and it was really good to see all of my kids again. I was greeted with warm smiles and applause whenever I walked into a classroom (both when I walked into the correct room or incorrect room). The kids I teach are really fantastic!

No comments: