Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Peek-A-Boo!

Here is another bathroom post just for Jerry!

I know that there have been more than a couple of posts involving the bathroom or going to the bathroom, but hey, a lot seems to happen there and during those moments of emergency bathroom clarity!

The idea of privacy is a lot different here - like, there is no sense of it. A couple of weeks ago, when we were going to make the trip to Xumi Shan, I thought that I should probably go visit the W.C. before the car trip out there because, well, who knows what the facilities would be like out there (I have seen many disgusting squatters in my day)!

So, I went into the school where Matt's office is located to use the squatters because they are usually pretty clean. I had forgotten how, um, "open" it was in there. There are little stalls with half partitions, no doors, no curtain, not even a full partition. You back into one of the little stalls and squat - booty facing the flusher, face towards the aisle.

Well, I thought that, yes, this IS something that I can do! So I walked in, backed into a stall and dropped trow. The women next to me then peeked around the partition to chat and to check out what/how I was doing. Ohmygod! What ARE you doing lady? It is one thing to recognize that there is no privacy and just go on about one's business with great efficiency and not bother the other people. It is quite another thing to take advantage of the situation and check out other people at one of the more private of moments.

She finished up, and left. Whew! I can finally go (pee shy). Nope - Ohmygod! What ARE you doing lady (again)? She decided to come back, but this time she brought friends to check out what I was doing. So, not just peeking around the partition, but standing over me, in front of me and also staring over the partition all trying to witness me going to the bathroom.

I really didn't have much of a choice - I did have to go.

So....

They all clapped and one of the women handed me some tissues while laughing. I honestly have never held an audience captive quite like that before.

Thank God I didn't miss.

1 comment:

Babs said...

the littlest things seem to amuse people. what were they saying - "wow, look at the foreign girl taking a pee"