Thursday, September 13, 2007

Filling my head with crap

Yes, yes, that is what I have been doing since getting back to the US. I have been systematically and ruthlessly filling my head with crap. Maybe it is because I need to catch up on 2 years of stupid TV pop culture crap, maybe it is because all of the channels (except for one) are in English, maybe it is because everything is new, or maybe it is because I just have to see who Bret Michaels picks in the end of his reality show. I dunno. I can't stop watching.

I was watching CSI: Miami the other day and my dad asked me if it was a re-run. I just had to laugh a little as I would really have no idea if it was or not. Everything is new to me. The crap is fun for now and I have been finding some good stuff!

I do have some favorites - I loooove the Food Network! Unwrapped is great and I just finished watching the last installment of Feasting on Asphalt 2 - The River Run (motorcycle trip up the Mississippi River and stopping to enjoy the local cuisine along the way). Also I can't get enough of LA and Miami Ink! Other than that I have been just watching the marathons of CSI, Law and Order, and The Sopranos. Good to know that I have been using my time at home productively.

Between episodes of the Dog Whisperer, I have managed to get some things done like look for apartments, jobs, cars and such. I have also been sorting through a bunch of my old stuff and the oodles of boxes that have been coming from China. So far, nothing too broken! It is fun to go through all of the China stuff - a lot of, "I remember bargaining for that!" nostalgia.

Hmmm...what else do I do...I do some surveys online and get $$$ and gift cards for doing so, win stuff, etc. I like winning stuff. I think I will try to do it more often. This may seems like an unusual if not impractical goal to have, but for me, it actually makes a little sense. I win stuff. I just do.

Every now and then I will email, but haven't been too good at that lately. I went out to see a couple of cars and met the most apathetic used car salesman ever. It was almost comical. It almost seemed as though he was trying not to sell a car. ANYHOW, still no car. Don't know if I will get one before I move again, but I am looking for 1999 or newer, under 80,000 miles, 4 door, manual or automatic car. Pretty broad requirements, but it would be nice if it wasn't too big and sorta cute.

Sometimes I read. Not a lot, but sometimes.

I hang out with my mom. She's cool.

I had another toe stubbing day recently - same little left toes as in China, and still hurts like a !?%#*

I keep on telling you to hold on for more posts, but have only been working on them half-heartedly. I just haven't been in the writing mood lately. I have some more pictures to post up too - the last batches from China. But I need to renew my Flickr subscription, maybe after we have a little more money....

Anyhow, that's about it. I have some other recent events to write about, but mostly I have been filling my belly with cheese popcorn and my head with guilty pleasures. So all in all I would have to say that I am now full of crap :)

1 comment:

JerryG said...

Don't worry, it will pass through...eventually...as crap....

Look, Molly...you don't write, email, or accept my MySpace invitation, so you're gonna get these kinds of responses! ;-)

OK, I did get to IM with you for an hour or so last night, so I take it all back...but I'm still posting it...HA!